May 10, 2007

The Food of Love, Play On

Without music, life would be an error.
Friedrich Nietzsche


More music quotes on this fine day before a deadline:

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
Victor Hugo

I have no pleasure in any man who despises music. It is no invention of ours: it is a gift of God. I place it next to theology. Satan hates music: he knows how it drives the evil spirit out of us. :D
Martin Luther

Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life.
Ludwig van Beethoven

You can't possibly hear the last movement of Beethoven's Seventh and go slow.
Oscar Levant, explaining his way out of a speeding ticket

The joy of music should never be interrupted by a commercial.
Leonard Bernstein

The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul.
Johann Sebastian Bach

Yesterday I listened to some personal radio stations of my friends and neighbours on Last.fm.
Try mine, and be patient. There's a lot of crap, but there are some great songs, too. No commercials;)

Edit: Embedding doesn't work with the new updates, but you can still listen to my radio here, or with the last.fm player, if I am your friend or (gasp!) neighbour, or on my profile. Of course, there's always the option to embed MY radio station on YOUR website:D

No comments: