Sep 17, 2006

Team Building With Ramen 2










Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure
when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot.

Neil Gaiman

Things may happen that overshadow dreams. My team building experience of this weekend took place in the mountains, there was a river and a swimming pool, a slopy lawn, strewn with apple trees, and friendly aliens. Ok, strangers. I didn't shoot anyone, and I wasn't afraid, except in the beginning.

I didn't get lost on the way there, but I managed to do it on the way back, I made a wrong turn at a bridge that looked vaguely familiar, and I didn't read the sign properly. Complete unfamiliarity works better for me:) Anyway, it's nice to have an old lady to ask the way when you get lost, like in a proper quest.

Incredible as it may sound, I had a truly magnificent time with a group of total strangers who called me by a strange name (the one on my ID card). We went for a walk in the forest, we listened to SOAD and similar stuff, we played games until 3:30 am, we had a mindboggling amount of food and drink, we just sat and relaxed and talked, and smoked (!).

I had learned my lesson, and I adjusted to them. I did not fit in perfectly, but was damn close to perfection.

As navigo said,

И ето както пиша сега, осъзнавам, че само цапам с думи красивото си преживяване. Затова ще спра и оставя мълчанието да го изрази адекватно. Както е казал поетът, тоест аз:

Звукът достига определени граници.
Тишината обгръща всичко.












No comments: