Apr 11, 2006

8 v 8: Mission Complete

Dark Blue Beauty - Enchantment Spell. For 1 to 4 days you gain happiness regeneration of 5.

There is a banner on my Audioscrobbler page saying: Clothes that make you think^^. Thinking is not one of my strengths, mind you.

I had this argument with a friend two years ago, trying to defend my opinion that clothes are irrelevant. I failed:D Honest to God, I don't notice clothes, unless I make a conscious effort. For years, I assumed that the same is valid for other people. Apparently, it isn't, and my solipsistic defiance of fashion and the importance of clothes goes down the drain. Now.

I kept the promise I made in this post. Eye-witnesses claim that I looked mesmerizing in my dark blue mesmer dress. Once in a blue moon, I _can_ dress sharp, put on makeup, high heels and hip jewelry. I saw some photos and I thought that this image is so far removed from my perception of myself that the clash of inner and outer appearance is almost deafening. But then again, I wanted exactly this effect. I wanted to celebrate variety. For a change, I spent lots of time and money on my outfit, and the results, according to the audience, were rewarding.

Guess why I did the whole thing? Because a friend of mine used reverse psychology and claimed I couldn't do it. It worked. Nothing motivates me better than this;)

So, I had this party with tons of people who looked at me (I hate being the center of attention, too), and managed to be very happy. I know I should use more sophisticated language to describe this sophisticated experience, but I'm still happy and I can't. Utterly joyful and relaxed, despite the humiliating trip to the tax office yesterday. One plausible reason for that is the gift I received from some friends: two loudspeakers and an amplifier. Thank you. Really really. After all, knowing others and loving them is not such an impossible mission. Refuted on two fronts, I smile and turn up the volume.

Last but not least, I was kissed by the majority of male guests. It has been ... mm ... a long time since I was last kissed by a male older than 3:D

No comments: