Mar 23, 2006

On Blogging



Chroma Key - On The Page

Tell me something stupid
Auction off my diary
Life is getting esoteric
Let me in your movie
Each time i walk out the door
Someone mixes metaphors
Life is so much cleaner on the page

It's like the morning when i'm dreaming
And everything is so pristine
It's just a seven hour movie
And i'm in every scene

Let me in my t.v.
Get this tape to tori
Got to have a subplot
When i sell them my life story
Maybe i should write it first
And do the living later
'cause life is so much cleaner on the page

It's like the time i lost my body
And then i saw it on t.v.
Somehow it shed a whole dimension
But it still looked like me
(hey! that looks like me!)

Each time i write lines for it
Someone improvises it
Life is so much cleaner on the page
Life is so much cleaner on the page


Supposedly this song is a follow-up to Dream Theater's Space Dye Vest (easily my favorite song ever), more particularly to these lines:

Found a new girl I think we can make it
As long as she stays on the page.

Yes, everything is connected to everything else:)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hah :) do you know what "chroma key" is?
we use it every day...

hazel said...

:) This is Kevin Moore:P

Anonymous said...

err...
chroma key is a technology enabling you to key (cut) out an image from a background, where the background is a specific (even) colour, such as green or blue

used in live tv shows to cut graphics and put them on top of video signal, and in movies - in postproduction - to key an image (usually human figure) filmed in a bluebox/greenbox
the keyed image then can be put on top of any kind of background you want, usually computer-generated or manipulated

and is it to be wondered at, that I was surpsied to see this term mentioned in your blog ;)

so... who on Earth is Kevin Moore?

hazel said...

Didn't I say in the very same post oh young disciple that everything is connected to everything else?:)

Kevin Moore is former DT member (NOT Dark Tranquility etc:P), author of Space Dye Vest;) Also playing in OSI, which means Office of Strategic Influence. I like the band, I like the name of the band even more.

Thanks for your discussion of chroma key:)