Mar 7, 2006

Another Day, Another Deadline

***

the computer expert knows his job
he knows the ins and outs of my hardware
he knows every port, every cable
he fixes wayward pieces
advises on upgrades
knows how to cope
when something malfunctions

the computer expert is a software wiz
he adds unique sights and sounds
installs new applications
optimizes old ones
personalizes my operating system
makes it easy to work with
even fun to be with

time passes by
the expert quits
and I am left
with an obsolete body

and a customized soul

***
I may say something on the topic of art perception, soon.
But then again, I may not.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh please do :) The debate is getting hot :)

I like this poem.

hazel said...

Thanks. It's an old poem that's been reworked.
I am slowly being convinced of the other party's viewpoint, though;)

Anonymous said...

Oh come on, you are not going to let me stand alone are you? I am getting totally entangled in my overcomplicated argument :)

hazel said...

I am no good at argumentation, I refute myself all the time. Shizoid personality disorder ftw:)
No, seriously, Bhavagad-gita has an interesting take on the composition of personality (soul):it consists of eternity, knowledge and bliss. So much more exciting than the mundane Western emotions/rationality distinction. What do you think, can it be applied to the perception of art?

Anonymous said...

Nope. It doesn't fit my scheme.

;P

Anonymous said...

Actually, if you were to define "eternity" (as a soul component) and "bliss" (as the same), I might be able to get your point - don't forget to provide neat symmetrical graphics please.
And a chart. There's always the chart. Irrefutable argument.

hazel said...

Ah, the horror, the horror! Graphics. I am even worse at charts than I am at argumentation:}