Jan 30, 2006

We Stayed Friends

Helloween's concert was much better (and longer) than I expected. However, it triggered too many memories... My ex was also in the crowd, as this was his favorite band when he was a teenager, and actually he introduced me to their music. But of course, we weren't together, and listening to our song 'A Tale That Wasn't Right' was kinda heart-rending. Sometimes songs, like other four-letter words beginning with s, happen.

A Tale That Wasn't Right

Here I stand all alone
Have my mind turned to stone
Have my heart filled up with ice
To avoid it's breakin' twice

Thanx to you, my dear old friend
But you can't help, this is the end
Of a tale that wasn't right
I won't have no sleep tonight

Chorus
In my heart, in my soul
I really hate to pay this toll
Should be strong, young and bold
But the only thing I feel is pain

It's alright, we'll stay friends
Trustin' in my confidence
And let's say it's just alright
You won't sleep alone tonight

Chorus

With my heart, with my soul
Some guys cry you bought and sold
They've been strong, young and bold
And they say, play this song again


There is so much more to life than surviving a divorce. The longing, the 'joy' of C.S.Lewis, the universe.

But still there is the universe
Inside of us that never bursts
We might not know the meaning yet,
But I am sure we can't reject
The truth that is in everything - that is and has
Been and will be

...

There is long way to go
Here is a high place to know
There is a world to go through - but there's so much
More to do, until we're home!

Chameleon was a special album for me, telling about the journey from unbelief to belief. Of course, nothing beats the Keeper of the Seven Keys Pt 1 and 2. Music is best.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, I didn't quite get what exatly is it that happens?

Sync? Swap? Snow? Sale?
I'm afraid your word ain't on my list, lady.

Cheer up, and get a lift! (Or was it liff?)

hazel said...

Erm... solo happens? :)
Maybe I should get a (love) life, you're right:)
Great list btw;)
And no, I didn't realize you were the red lizard-white stallion guy. That was amazing comment, really. Thanks.