Jan 6, 2006

My Top 2005 Albums

1. System of a Down - Mesmerize/Hypnotize (2 in 1)
2. Dream Theater - Octavarium
3. Shadow Gallery - Room V
4. Riverside - Second Life Syndrome
5. Dredg - Catch Without Arms
6. Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through The Eyes of Madness (what a name:P)
7. Porcupine Tree - Deadwing
8. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute
9. Sigur Ros - Takk
10. James Blunt - Back to Bedlam

Ridiculously eclectic (taste in music), or just plainly ridiculous:)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exotic, I'd say.
I like eclectic. I don't have this spying on me stuff myself, but a wild guess would put just about anything on my list for 2005 - starting with Azis and Emilia, going through Tracy Chapman, Depeche Mode and Nick Cave, ending in Amorphis, Garmarna, Tenhi...
Eclectic is good.

hazel said...

Starting with Azis, you say...:) Finishing with Tenhi... You ARE the ultimate eclectic listener;) I stand in awe.
This list was produced by me, just looking at my directories, and not by the 'spying' plugin. Besides, Audioscrobbler is my friend, my lover, my companion:D

Anonymous said...

Hmm, gotta show you two sometimes what exactly good music is ;)

I don't know what 'eclectic' means anyway, might be another word for 'cheesy'?

Anonymous said...

It's the better way to say "has no taste" about someone.
Being the nice person she is, she doesn't want to offend me, you know... ;)

hazel said...

I have always been fascinated by the factors leading to choice of music. Taste is a poor word to describe 'the specific combination of events, moods and - hold your breath - recommendations, which result in a playlist'. Sometimes I wish I had become a sociologist. Or a psychologist, for that matter. I find radical conversions to new styles and genres especially revealing;)