Jan 30, 2006

No Comment

Concerning this comment:
It's not only Bulgarian folk songs that praise hard-working women:

My offspring, my younger one
my child, my baby
if you want to wed well, to
bring me a daughter-in-law
don't propose on a Sunday
on the church path don't betroth:
then even a piglet shines
and even a sow wears silk;
the very worst concubines
hurry along the church path
all got up in blue stockings
all made up in red laces
their heads bound in silk
their hair tied in braids.
Weekdays are the better time:
do your wiving then, my boy!
Take one from the thrushing-floor
from those holding flails choose one
from those grinding betroth one
who has her coat on crooked
or straight without meaning it
whose kerchief has hoarfrost on
her bottom dusty from the stamper
her body white from grinding!
Kanteletar (1:88)

No comment again:)

No comments: