Dec 5, 2005

Goblet of Fire and Ice

This is the third Harry Potter movie I've seen (yes I can count, I skipped the second). I enjoyed myself - I liked the setting of Hogwarts, Alan Rickman, flying scenes, contest suspense, dragons, spooky graveyards, ball dresses, and black-eyed dumb looking males;) Victor Krum ftw:) I might as well borrow the sixth book and read it, although the airplane with the spoiler flew over my island in the summer. Good movie, as movies go, I was duly entertained.

The return of the Dark Lord was really well made, but not frightening at all. I might have become tougher after translating my second horror movie 'People Under the Stairs'. Horrible, believe me. Although I don't have stairs, I was afraid of the dark for the first time in about 15 years. I was afraid of parenthood, too.

I also saw the comedy 'Joe versus the Volcano'. There were some hilarious moments but overall I was put off by the cast. No more Meg Ryan for me, thanks, that was long ago. And I can barely stand Tom Hanks.

I can't help mentioning my star friend again (he pops up in this blog more often than anyone else:). We went for coffee and cake (our second f2f meeting this year), and talked about Jagged Alliance 2 and my current partnerless condition. He came up with a pretty original reason why I shouldn't be single - financial assistance. He said that in about 5 years my expenses would rise dramatically, and I will need someone to help me, with me freelancing and all. I snapped that I was buying a refrigerator on the next day. That silenced him, so I went and bought a refrigerator. My old one was ancient anyway.

No comments: