Nov 18, 2004

Some kind of wonderful

Reply 1

Three teardrops were my answer
to your invited memory.
It could have been my memory.
I was 26 at the time,
I should remember more clearly,
but I guess I'm the forgetful kind.
All I can hear is the burst
of memories colliding.


Reply 2

you bet
but you don't know the odds
you don't know the stakes
and the length of the race

she is
a lover of edge-like spaces
a collector of border-line cases
a reader of shadowy faces

you bet
but you're too far ahead
you squint to read letters
fail to touch that crevice

she is
a mentor of all-time wannabes
a seeker of far-off galaxies
an avatar of reachable goddesses

2 comments:

Terpsichore said...

Good read... I'm highly honored to have a mention in your poetry!


~ a reader loyal of your blog royal (and an all-time wannabe)

hazel said...

thanks, wannabe
actually Reply Two is supposed to be sung, as it is a reply not to a poem but to a song.
the song can be found at
http://gomjabbar.net/music/In_Progress/Gom%20Jabbar%20-%20It's%20Always%20Now.mp3