Oct 21, 2005

(In)complete

I completed the PvE part of the game with Aral about 10 days ago, and had a wonderful feeling of accomplishment;), although it was one day before the terrible deadline. Time management, as you can see, is also an issue with me.

I saw a movie called My Life Without Me, a Canadian production, recommended to me by a friend who said that 'this movie is you'. Curiosity drove me to see it, and I was horrified to find what he thinks of me. A thoroughly depressing movie, about a mother of two young children (ok, similarities end here) who discovers she has cancer and has only two months left. There was a moment when she sat down in a cafe and wrote in a journal 'Things to do before I die'. I liked her list. It is applicable to anyone who is aware of their mortality. I need to see a doctor one of these days.

I spend a long time thinking about the jigsaw of my life. I had a whole week without work, I felt I deserved some rest, and slept, ate, and thought a lot. All of these, when overdone, can be harmful. I think I got away with little damage, but who knows, it may be damage over time.

I want to thank you, Lord,
For all things you have given me,
For all things you have taken from me,
For all things you left me.


No comments: